Meghan Trainor gave a spirited performance of her new single, “Me Too,” while promoting her new album, Thank You, on Thursday night’s edition of The Tonight Show. However, the 22-year-old singer fell victim to her towering high heels while grabbing the microphone at the end of her performance, taking a tumble that ended in her landing flat on her back.
Host Jimmy Fallon, ever the gentleman, tried to make Trainor feel at ease by joining her on the floor—turning the fall into a light-hearted joke. He also reassured the singer: “Of every single dance move, grabbing the mic is the toughest,” Fallon said. “Standing ovation for Meghan Trainor, everybody!”
Watch the full performance below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out