“It’s none of your business,” Trump said in an interview on Friday, when ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos asked what his tax rate is. “You’ll see it when I release, but I fight very hard to pay as little tax as possible,” he added, saying he believes the government wastes taxpayer money.
Mitt Romney this week called on Trump to release his tax returns, warning that his refusal to do so is evidence of a “bombshell” in the documents. Trump has maintained that he will release his tax returns after an IRS audit is complete, saying Friday that he hopes it’s before the election.
“I don’t think they do,” Trump said Friday, when asked if voters have a right to see his tax returns before they vote in November. “But I do say this, I will really gladly give them.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World