Serena Williams made herself ill by dining on food meant for her dog, a day before defeating Christina McHale at the Italian Open on May 12,
“I thought ‘what the heck, I’m gonna try a piece, it looks good’,” said the world’s number one on Snapchat, as she recalled the unfortunate decision sample a salmon and rice dish offered in her hotel’s ‘doggy menu.’
“Fast forward two hours, I just ran to the toilet like I thought I was going to pass out. I mean, It did taste weird…. it tasted kind of like house cleaner” said Williams. “I don’t know what they put in these dog foods, but Chip liked it…I don’t think it is consumable.”
Speaking of her forthcoming match with McHale, who she eventually defeated 7-6 (9-7) 6-1 on Thursday, Williams said: “I guess tomorrow when I stood on the court I am going to look svelte.” One can only assume that Williams will steer-clear her dog’s meals before her quarter-finals game against Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova on Friday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com