McDonald’s is testing using fresh meat for its hamburger patties rather than frozen.
According to USA Today, the fast-food chain is already testing fresh meat in 14 locations in the Dallas area in Texas. The new fresh patties are made from the same grade beef as the frozen ones.
The test has been going on since November, but McDonald’s spokesperson Lisa McComb told USA Today that it’s still too early to draw any conclusions.
Read More: McDonald’s Oldest Employee Is 92 and Works in Singapore
“Like all of our tests, this one, too, is designed to see what works and what doesn’t within our restaurants,” she said.
McDonald’s is also testing garlic fries in the San Francisco area.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk