Dionne Warwick announced on Friday that LeToya Luckett will be acting in a new biopic based on her book My Life, As I See It: An Autobiography.
Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival, Variety reports, the legendary singer said she will be played by original Destiny’s Child singer, LeToya Luckett. She also said Lady Gaga was set to play the late Cilla Black, who Warwick described as her musical “nemesis” in the film. But a representative for Lady Gaga said that’s not that case: “Lady Gaga is not attached to this project.”
Other big names slated for roles in the biopic, titled Dionne, include Danny Glover as Warwick’s father and Olympia Dukakis as her mentor Marlene Dietrich. According to the Guardian, The biopic will span the early days of Warwick’s career, from 1962 to 1968, and will center on her rivalry with Black.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement