Dionne Warwick announced on Friday that LeToya Luckett will be acting in a new biopic based on her book My Life, As I See It: An Autobiography.
Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival, Variety reports, the legendary singer said she will be played by original Destiny’s Child singer, LeToya Luckett. She also said Lady Gaga was set to play the late Cilla Black, who Warwick described as her musical “nemesis” in the film. But a representative for Lady Gaga said that’s not that case: “Lady Gaga is not attached to this project.”
Other big names slated for roles in the biopic, titled Dionne, include Danny Glover as Warwick’s father and Olympia Dukakis as her mentor Marlene Dietrich. According to the Guardian, The biopic will span the early days of Warwick’s career, from 1962 to 1968, and will center on her rivalry with Black.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com