New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski will appear on the cover of the video game Madden NFL ’17 — the first player from his team to receive what has become an accolade in the realm of American sports.
The news was announced Thursday night on ESPN’s SportsCenter. On the program, Gronkowski described it as a “dream come true.”
“When I first found out, I was blessed,” he said. “It was a surreal moment.”
Gronkowski, who turns 27 on Saturday and has played for the Patriots since 2010, was a runner-up to appear on the cover of last year’s installment in the best-selling video-game franchise. He lost out to Odell Beckham Jr., a receiver for the New York Giants.
The latest edition of the game will come out in August.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org