Carlie Trent, the 9-year-old Tennessee girl who was allegedly kidnapped by her uncle last week, has been found after two local residents discovered her and her uncle on their property, officials said Thursday.
And the uncle, 57-year-old Gary Simpson, is in police custody, Josh Devine, a spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, confirmed to NBC News.
Simpson has been charged with “especially aggravated kidnapping,” TBI Director Mark Gwyn said at a press conference Thursday evening, and authorities were planning on pursuing additional charges if warranted.
Gwyn said his agency had asked the public to check their property…
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023