Pope Francis said Thursday that he’s open to the idea of creating a commission to study whether women could train to become deacons, or ordained ministers, in the Catholic Church. In response to the pope’s willingness to consider the change, Sister Simone Campbell, the executive director of NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice, told TIME:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow