Trevor Noah took the Trump comparison game a step further last night when he introduced viewers to Geert Wilders, the Dutch Party for Freedom leader (and Trump endorser).
The Netherlands version of America’s presumptive Republican nominee for President has more in common with Trump than just having a fluffy, combed hairstyle. Noah highlights similarities between the politicians’ attitudes towards foreigners and general conduct.
Then, he takes the narrative to the Philippines, where Rodrigo Duterte just won the presidency. Duterte has garnered many comparisons to Trump (though some point out a number of fundamental differences beyond their similar offensiveness).
Watch the alarming clip above — if only to take comfort in the fact that the U.S. isn’t alone.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow