Trevor Noah took the Trump comparison game a step further last night when he introduced viewers to Geert Wilders, the Dutch Party for Freedom leader (and Trump endorser).
The Netherlands version of America’s presumptive Republican nominee for President has more in common with Trump than just having a fluffy, combed hairstyle. Noah highlights similarities between the politicians’ attitudes towards foreigners and general conduct.
Then, he takes the narrative to the Philippines, where Rodrigo Duterte just won the presidency. Duterte has garnered many comparisons to Trump (though some point out a number of fundamental differences beyond their similar offensiveness).
Watch the alarming clip above — if only to take comfort in the fact that the U.S. isn’t alone.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time