French police are investigating reports that a teenager live streamed her suicide through the video app Periscope on Tuesday.
A prosecutor said Wednesday that a woman jumped in front of a commuter train at a suburban station south of Paris on Tuesday, hours after sending a text message about her former boyfriend’s violent behavior, USA Today reported.
“In the text message, she mentions violence and a rape that her companion inflicted on her and claims she is ending her days because of the harm that the young man had done to her,” prosecutor Eric Lallement said.
Prosecutors said the woman recorded five live stream videos on Tuesday, the last of which appears to have been recorded moments before she committed suicide. The video has since been removed from Periscope, USA Today reported.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization