French police are investigating reports that a teenager live streamed her suicide through the video app Periscope on Tuesday.
A prosecutor said Wednesday that a woman jumped in front of a commuter train at a suburban station south of Paris on Tuesday, hours after sending a text message about her former boyfriend’s violent behavior, USA Today reported.
“In the text message, she mentions violence and a rape that her companion inflicted on her and claims she is ending her days because of the harm that the young man had done to her,” prosecutor Eric Lallement said.
Prosecutors said the woman recorded five live stream videos on Tuesday, the last of which appears to have been recorded moments before she committed suicide. The video has since been removed from Periscope, USA Today reported.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow