The Nepal Mountaineering Association says that Sherra Gyalgen Sherpa reached the top of Mount Everest on Wednesday to make the historic feat, according to Reuters.
Some 289 climbers and their guides were stationed at different camps along Everest waiting for a opportunity to make their final ascent, according to mountain officials.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This