A member of Brazil’s World Cup champion 2002 soccer squad is warning tourists against visiting the country for the Olympics this summer due to violence in the country.
In addition to violence, Brazil is also dealing with the spread of the Zika virus, which could make some people wary of visiting the country. The virus, which began in Brazil and has since spread across south and central America, is particularly harmful to pregnant women, and has already upended sporting events in other countries. Major League Baseball moved two games from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami scheduled for later this month due to concerns about players contracting the virus.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time