A member of Brazil’s World Cup champion 2002 soccer squad is warning tourists against visiting the country for the Olympics this summer due to violence in the country.
In addition to violence, Brazil is also dealing with the spread of the Zika virus, which could make some people wary of visiting the country. The virus, which began in Brazil and has since spread across south and central America, is particularly harmful to pregnant women, and has already upended sporting events in other countries. Major League Baseball moved two games from San Juan, Puerto Rico to Miami scheduled for later this month due to concerns about players contracting the virus.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate