Making an appearance on Fox and Friends, the presumptive 2016 Republican presidential nominee was asked if he thought his slogan “Make America Great Again” had something to do with the name change, according to The Hill.
“I think so, they’re so impressed with what our country will become that they decided to do this before the fact,” Trump told Fox and Friends over the phone.
Anheuser-Busch announced the Budweiser name change on Tuesday, saying that it was repackaging 12-ounce bottles and cans with “America” from May 23 through the November election.
Anheuser-Busch did not immediately return a request for comment.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time