Go ahead and cue up “Back to Back” because the baby-faced assassin of the NBA, Stephen Curry, just won Most Valuable Player for the second season in a row. The reigning MVP continued the record-breaking streak that marked his past season by sweeping all 131 first-place votes to become the league’s first unanimous winner in the history of the franchise.
Naturally, the Internet lost its mind when the news hit the web and didn’t waste any time before posting reactions. See what the Internet had to say about Steph being the first ever unanimous MVP below.
Some people were intrigued by Steph’s humble start.
Others, by his refreshing down-to-earth demeanor.
Meanwhile, many went straight for the memes.
And many couldn’t control their glee.
Still, some were slightly skeptical.
Some people were just glad that there was no confusion during the voting process.
And others were already looking to the future.
But for the most part, the internet felt like this.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time