Go ahead and cue up “Back to Back” because the baby-faced assassin of the NBA, Stephen Curry, just won Most Valuable Player for the second season in a row. The reigning MVP continued the record-breaking streak that marked his past season by sweeping all 131 first-place votes to become the league’s first unanimous winner in the history of the franchise.
Naturally, the Internet lost its mind when the news hit the web and didn’t waste any time before posting reactions. See what the Internet had to say about Steph being the first ever unanimous MVP below.
Some people were intrigued by Steph’s humble start.
Others, by his refreshing down-to-earth demeanor.
Meanwhile, many went straight for the memes.
And many couldn’t control their glee.
Still, some were slightly skeptical.
Some people were just glad that there was no confusion during the voting process.
And others were already looking to the future.
But for the most part, the internet felt like this.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears