It’s no secret that Prince wasn’t the Kardashians’ biggest fan. Back in 2011, the music icon famously kicked Kim K off stage for refusing to dance with him during a Welcome 2 Tour performance. And according to Zooey Deschanel, that wasn’t the only time he showed distaste for the famous family.
The 36-year-old actress appeared on Monday’s episode of Conan and recounted the story of Prince making a cameo on New Girl. After explaining how he had reached out to her saying he’d like to be on an episode of the show, Deschanel revealed that the singer had some stipulations. Turns out, he refused to appear with the Kardashians.
“Someone was friends with some of the Kardashians and had made a phone call and they had kindly come on to shoot a kind of cameo part,” she said, regarding a party scene that featured several celebrities. “It turns out that someone from Prince’s camp said, ‘Who are the celebrities? I hope it’s not a Kardashian…Which is sad because Khloe Kardashian and Kris Jenner had very kindly come in and shot the scene…I felt so bad cause obviously everyone had gone out of their way to be there on that day but Prince was running the show.”
The producers even went so far as to burn any evidence that the reality stars had been on set.
Watch the full clip above.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out