Google tested the appearance of its search results for a small number of users Monday, swapping the traditional blue links that appear in a Google search for black links.
“We’re always running many small scale experiments with the design of the results page,” a Google spokesperson said in a statement, CNN Money reported.
Many people who were among the unsuspecting test subjects for the change voiced their frustration with the color swap on social media. It’s not clear if the change is here to stay.
“We’re not quite sure that black is the new blue,” the Google spokesperson said.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time