In what might be the most epic demonstration of real recognize real, Beyoncé paid tribute to late musical icon Prince with a gorgeous cover of his 1984 hit “The Beautiful Ones” during a concert in Dallas, Texas on Monday.
Beyoncé had previously covered the song during performances in 2009 and 2011, but this is the first time she’s performed the track on her current tour. The Lemonade singer has also honored the legendary musical artist — who unexpectedly died on April 21 at the age of 57 — by playing “Purple Rain” as an interlude between songs during the Formation World Tour.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time