Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” has always been celebrated as a fabulous feminist anthem in its own right, but on Monday night, 23 years after Lauper recorded the track, she appeared on The Late Late Show With James Corden to drive the point home.
The pop icon and Corden — in a matching pink wig — delivered a parody of the pop song decrying (among other things) the gender pay gap. They called it “Girls Just Want Equal Funds.”
“Guys, if she’s mad, it’s not PMS — it’s cause you do the same job, but she’s makin’ less,” Corden sings.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time