With certain Americans joking about or seriously looking into moving to Canada if Donald Trump is elected president, one dating site is trying to get in on the immigration action.
The site, Maple Match, advertises itself as a facilitator “for Americans to find the ideal Canadian partner to save them from the unfathomable horror of a Trump presidency.” Its tagline: “Make dating great again.”
Maple Match CEO Joe Goldman tells Global News that the site has seen “immense traffic” and big signup numbers in recent days. “At this time, we are currently wait listing users and will begin matching as soon as we are able.”
Goldman says the company is not funded by any anti-Trump organization.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up