With certain Americans joking about or seriously looking into moving to Canada if Donald Trump is elected president, one dating site is trying to get in on the immigration action.
The site, Maple Match, advertises itself as a facilitator “for Americans to find the ideal Canadian partner to save them from the unfathomable horror of a Trump presidency.” Its tagline: “Make dating great again.”
Maple Match CEO Joe Goldman tells Global News that the site has seen “immense traffic” and big signup numbers in recent days. “At this time, we are currently wait listing users and will begin matching as soon as we are able.”
Goldman says the company is not funded by any anti-Trump organization.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving