Fatherly, a lifestyle and parenting website for dads, announced its annual list of the “50 Best Places to Work for New Dads” on Tuesday. This year, the most dad-friendly sector was the tech industry, with Netflix, Spotify and Facebook taking the top three spots on the list, respectively. Finance was the next best-ranked industry (Bank of America was No. 8 on the list, and MasterCard was No. 14), while retail, hospitality and media are also apparently good J-O-B’s for D-A-D’s.
The rankings were compiled from more than 100 companies with more than 1,000 employees and looked at factors such as the number of weeks offered for parental leave, workplace flexibility and the number of people actually taking advantage of father-friendly policies.
“A number of companies offer on-site child care or even pay for or reduce child care expenses,” said Fatherly chief content officer Simon Isaacs to Motto. “They’ve also started offering programs to help people transition back from leave. Being away for three to six months can be shocking, so it’s good to help parents adjust to this new life.”
As for the industries that aren’t quite up to par, there aren’t many companies in the healthcare, advertising and consumer packaged goods industries on the list, noted Isaacs. The culture, he added, “is changing dramatically, and a number of companies, such as Danone and Coca-Cola, have announced policies that will begin in July and January of next year, respectively.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time