There are many totally impersonal ways to wish your mom a happy Mother’s Day, from text to email to SnapChat. But now Facebook has provided an even more flaky way to celebrate the holiday: a flower emoji.
Facebook users can now react to a post with a flower—along with “like” and the smiling and crying emojis. “In honor of Mother’s Day we are testing the ability for people in a few markets to leave a flower reaction,” Facebook said in a statement.
The flower reaction will be available only in the short-term. It’s the first temporary reaction Facebook has offered since expanding its “like” option to include emotional reactions.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up