There are many totally impersonal ways to wish your mom a happy Mother’s Day, from text to email to SnapChat. But now Facebook has provided an even more flaky way to celebrate the holiday: a flower emoji.
Facebook users can now react to a post with a flower—along with “like” and the smiling and crying emojis. “In honor of Mother’s Day we are testing the ability for people in a few markets to leave a flower reaction,” Facebook said in a statement.
The flower reaction will be available only in the short-term. It’s the first temporary reaction Facebook has offered since expanding its “like” option to include emotional reactions.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow