The games, scheduled for the end of May, have been moved to Miami. The league’s commissioner relocated the games after a number of players said they were concerned they might contract the virus and pass it to their partners, according to the league. The players had received a briefing from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Puerto Rico has been particularly hard hit by the Zika outbreak, with more than 700 confirmed cases as of last week.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time