A Connecticut landlord was arrested this week and charged with several sex crimes as police investigated allegations that he solicited sex as rent payments, including sex with children.
Richard Bruno, who manages property in Waterford, Conn,, was arrested Thursday in a police sting when he arranged online to meet what he thought was a 13-year-old girl, authorities said. Police began investigating Bruno after they received a tip that he had allegedly solicited sex acts in lieu of rent from this tenants, including sex acts from children, according to a statement from Connecticut State police. He was charged with six counts of varying sex crimes, including trafficking and attempted sexual assault, and released on bond.
It was not immediately clear whether Bruno had a lawyer.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk