Harrison Ford is handing over the controls of the Millennium Falcon to Alden Ehrenreich, according to unnamed sources cited by the Hollywood Reporter. The American actor is reportedly in final negotiations for the role of young Han Solo in an upcoming Star Wars spinoff.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller, of 21 Jump Street and Lego Movie, will direct the standalone film about the roguish captain, the Reporter says. It is part of a package of movies scheduled to be released over the next several years by the franchise’s new owner, Disney, which broke box office records with the most recent installment, The Force Awakens.
Ehrenreich may not be a household name yet — he could be soon — but he has a superlative filmography. His feature film debut was in Francis Ford Coppola’s Tetro. More recently, he shared the screen with George Clooney and Josh Brolin in the Coen brother’s latest movie, Hail, Caesar!
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022