All hail the music gods for Justin Timberlake has finally dropped a new song. After teasing the track on his Twitter for the past two days, the “Suit & Tie” singer released “Can’t Stop the Feeling” at midnight on Friday, as promised.
The song — an upbeat, foot-tapping number — is reportedly one of several that Timberlake recorded for the upcoming animated film Trolls, in which he also voices a character and is executive producing the soundtrack.
He also subsequently tweeted a “first listen” video, featuring several members of the movie’s cast including Anna Kendrick, Kunal Nayyar, Gwen Stefani, James Corden and music duo Icona Pop.
The 35-year-old singer had announced the world premiere of the track earlier on Thursday. “You comin’?,” he tweeted along with the news.
This is the first solo song J.T. has released since his album The 20/20 Experience, marking the end of a nearly three-year drought for his fans.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms