All hail the music gods for Justin Timberlake has finally dropped a new song. After teasing the track on his Twitter for the past two days, the “Suit & Tie” singer released “Can’t Stop the Feeling” at midnight on Friday, as promised.
The song — an upbeat, foot-tapping number — is reportedly one of several that Timberlake recorded for the upcoming animated film Trolls, in which he also voices a character and is executive producing the soundtrack.
He also subsequently tweeted a “first listen” video, featuring several members of the movie’s cast including Anna Kendrick, Kunal Nayyar, Gwen Stefani, James Corden and music duo Icona Pop.
The 35-year-old singer had announced the world premiere of the track earlier on Thursday. “You comin’?,” he tweeted along with the news.
This is the first solo song J.T. has released since his album The 20/20 Experience, marking the end of a nearly three-year drought for his fans.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science