Men in Singapore get just 7.3 hours of sleep per night on average—less than people in more than a dozen other countries, a new study found.
At the other end of the spectrum is the Netherlands, where women get 8.4 hours of sleep each night.
The data comes from new research on worldwide sleep patterns from the University of Michigan, based on an app used by 10,000 people in 20 countries. The researchers found some differences across cultures, but on average, women all over the world sleep about 30 minutes longer than men.
Enter your usual sleep and wake times below to see which country matches your habits.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time