The teenagers with attitude are back and they’re looking flashier than ever. The first photo of the Power Rangers decked out in their new suits for the upcoming movie reboot of the beloved TV show is finally here and shows the mighty morphin’ gang ready for action.
The image — which was released Thursday — features all five rangers in high tech gear that barely resembles the costumes from the 1993 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. Shot exclusively for Entertainment Weekly, the picture is fans’ first look at the updated superheroes.
“The show was about kids coming of age, about metamorphosis,” director Dean Israelite told EW. “These suits needed to feel like they were catalyzed by these kids and their energy, their spirit.”
Starring Becky G as Yellow Ranger Trini, Ludi Lin as Black Ranger Zack, Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger Jason, Naomi Scott as Pink Ranger Kimberly, and RJ Cyler as Blue Ranger Billy, the film is set to hit theaters in 2017.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time