The teenagers with attitude are back and they’re looking flashier than ever. The first photo of the Power Rangers decked out in their new suits for the upcoming movie reboot of the beloved TV show is finally here and shows the mighty morphin’ gang ready for action.
The image — which was released Thursday — features all five rangers in high tech gear that barely resembles the costumes from the 1993 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. Shot exclusively for Entertainment Weekly, the picture is fans’ first look at the updated superheroes.
“The show was about kids coming of age, about metamorphosis,” director Dean Israelite told EW. “These suits needed to feel like they were catalyzed by these kids and their energy, their spirit.”
Starring Becky G as Yellow Ranger Trini, Ludi Lin as Black Ranger Zack, Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger Jason, Naomi Scott as Pink Ranger Kimberly, and RJ Cyler as Blue Ranger Billy, the film is set to hit theaters in 2017.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate