The teenagers with attitude are back and they’re looking flashier than ever. The first photo of the Power Rangers decked out in their new suits for the upcoming movie reboot of the beloved TV show is finally here and shows the mighty morphin’ gang ready for action.
The image — which was released Thursday — features all five rangers in high tech gear that barely resembles the costumes from the 1993 Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series. Shot exclusively for Entertainment Weekly, the picture is fans’ first look at the updated superheroes.
“The show was about kids coming of age, about metamorphosis,” director Dean Israelite told EW. “These suits needed to feel like they were catalyzed by these kids and their energy, their spirit.”
Read More: See the First Photo of Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa in Power Rangers
Starring Becky G as Yellow Ranger Trini, Ludi Lin as Black Ranger Zack, Dacre Montgomery as Red Ranger Jason, Naomi Scott as Pink Ranger Kimberly, and RJ Cyler as Blue Ranger Billy, the film is set to hit theaters in 2017.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk