In his TIME 100 tribute, director J.J. Abrams described Lin-Manuel Miranda as “one of the most miraculous creative minds of our time.” So it should come as no surprise that Abrams enlisted the Hamilton creator’s help with the music for The Force Awakens.
At Wednesday’s #Ham4Ham performance — the weekly sidewalk show that takes place outside Richard Rodgers Theatre — Miranda brought Abrams up to rap “Jabba Flow,” the song they collaborated on for the cantina scene in the intergalactic epic. The duet was a celebration of the May 4 unofficial holiday known as Star Wars Day.
Watch the full performance below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out