“Look how she walks,” Matthews said, clearly unaware that his microphone was still live. “Did you see her walk? That’s a runway walk. My God, is that good. … I could watch that runway show.”
Brian Williams, who was covering the event, attempted to talk over Matthews before quickly cutting to a commercial break.
Variety reached out to a spokesperson for Melania, who responded:
Watch the full clip above.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up