An alleged gang rape laid out on an anonymous Twitter account has sparked investigations at two elite Atlanta universities and set off a social-media firestorm.
The president of Atlanta’s Spelman University urged the voice behind the @RapedAtSpelman account to come forward, saying “our hearts go out to you… Please identify yourself to me, so that I may offer you my full support and assistance.”
“I know that members of our Spelman community join me in expressing heartbreak and outrage over the incidents and experiences recounted on Twitter,” Spelman College President Mary Schmidt Campbell added in a statement to students.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State