Mixed martial arts fighter Jordan Parsons died Wednesday after being struck in a Florida hit-and-run crash, according to Delray Beach Police.
Parsons, 25, underwent several medical operations including amputation of one his legs before being pronounced dead.
“Jordan was an exceptional athlete and a rising star in the sport,” Bellator MMA promoter Scott Coker wrote in a statement. “But more importantly, he was an exceptional young man.”
Police say they are looking for driver of the silver Range Rover Sport thought to have struck Parsons and have offered a $1,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest, according to an ESPN report.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears