‘I didn’t expect this.’
Donald Trump, Republican presidential candidate, after his victory in the Indiana primary forced Ted Cruz out of the race and prompted GOP chairman Reince Priebus to declare Trump the presumptive nominee
Beyoncé just became the first woman to debut 12 tracks in the Billboard Hot 100. Here’s how she stacks up against other musicians over time.
[The following text appears within a chart. Please see hardcopy or PDF for actual chart.]
‘All we wanted to do was get our show on.’
Lin-Manuel Miranda, creator and star of the hit Broadway musical Hamilton, after it set a record with 16 Tony nominations
Age, in years, of McDonald’s oldest employee, a fry cook in Singapore
Amount in unpaid E-ZPass tolls authorities say a New Jersey man owes
‘I knew it would be controversial, and I was ready to accept the fallout from it.’
Larry Wilmore, comedian, on his use of the N word during his performance at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner
‘That’s a huge overreaction.’
Tim Cook, Apple CEO, objecting to the notion that the company is in decline after its first revenue decrease in 13 years
Number of goldfish and minnows dumped into a lake in a Phoenix suburb; the fish are meant to help control the insect population
‘I will struggle with all my might until the coupmongers are defeated.’
Dilma Rousseff, Brazilian President, opposing her impending impeachment over allegations of financial mismanagement
SOURCES: CNBC, THE DAILY BEAST, THE NEW YORK TIMES, THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
This appears in the May 16, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving