TIME has always been recognized for its power to convene the brightest minds, the most intriguing entertainers and all those whose impact you feel even if you’ve never heard their names. And there is no better showcase of influence and excellence than the TIME 100.
Nearly 350 honorees and guests at this year’s TIME 100 Gala on April 26 in New York City were treated to performances by Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj. Toasts by actor and comedian Melissa McCarthy, Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton, Congolese physician Denis Mukwege, activist Caitlyn Jenner and Ford Foundation president Darren Walker amused, moved and inspired.
This incredible evening would not have been possible without the support of five sponsors: Cadillac, Citi, AT&T, Marc Jacobs Beauty and Johnnie Walker. They are excellent partners, and I want to thank them on behalf of TIME and the TIME 100.
What’s next? We’ll keep TIME center stage, with new live events around the world; new platforms like Motto, reaching millennial women; and our coverage of virtual reality, a frontier all its own. To all our honorees, sponsors and audiences, thank you.
Meredith Long, PUBLISHER
TIME 100 guests mingle before dinner at the Time Warner Center
Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton toasts the memory of Prince, “arguably the best artist of all time”
Designer Riccardo Tisci, left, with rapper Nicki Minaj
Comedians Melissa McCarthy, center left, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus get photo-bombed by astronaut Scott Kelly
Ariana Grande sang “Dangerous Woman” and “Leave Me Lonely”
STRIKE A POSE
Caitlyn Jenner, left, and Karlie Kloss smile for the camera
Editor Nancy Gibbs introduces the 2016 honorees
Please recycle this magazine and remove inserts or samples before recycling
This appears in the May 16, 2016 issue of TIME.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms