Warning: Game of Thrones Season 6 spoilers ahead
Viewers who tuned in to the second episode of Game of Thrones‘ sixth season Sunday night were finally treated to watching Jon Snow (Kit Harington) rise from the dead. But while the resurrection scene was only a few minutes long, its filming was apparently quite the process.
Carice van Houten — who plays Melisandre in the HBO drama — recently told Entertainment Weekly that her part took around 50 takes to get right. “It took forever to resurrect him, forever!,” she said. “It was such an important scene, we shot it from so many angles. I think I washed his body 50 times. There would be a lot of people who would be very jealous, including my mother and sister. I was joking about that with him – ‘if only my mother could see this’ – and he loved that.”
However, Harington had a bit of a different outlook. “It was such an easy two episodes, I loved it,” he told EW. “I’m in a warm room, which is unusual for me.”
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was