Warning: Game of Thrones Season 6 spoilers ahead
Viewers who tuned in to the second episode of Game of Thrones‘ sixth season Sunday night were finally treated to watching Jon Snow (Kit Harington) rise from the dead. But while the resurrection scene was only a few minutes long, its filming was apparently quite the process.
Carice van Houten — who plays Melisandre in the HBO drama — recently told Entertainment Weekly that her part took around 50 takes to get right. “It took forever to resurrect him, forever!,” she said. “It was such an important scene, we shot it from so many angles. I think I washed his body 50 times. There would be a lot of people who would be very jealous, including my mother and sister. I was joking about that with him – ‘if only my mother could see this’ – and he loved that.”
Read More: Here’s Why Jon Snow’s Fate on Game of Thrones Could Be Different in the Books
However, Harington had a bit of a different outlook. “It was such an easy two episodes, I loved it,” he told EW. “I’m in a warm room, which is unusual for me.”
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement