“The people of our country have changed me,” Kasich said in a press conference announcing his campaign suspension where he thanked supporters.
The Ohio governor had vowed to stay in the race all the way until the Republican convention this summer, despite losing every contest except his home state. But after Ted Cruz dropped out of the race in the wake of Trump’s commanding victory in Tuesday’s Indiana primary, Kasich had little hope of blocking Trump from winning the delegates needed to clinch a majority before the convention.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization