Prince Harry joked that he may disappoint American children during his visit stateside Wednesday.
“Every time I get to meet kids and they have been told a real-life prince is coming, the disappointment on their faces when they see me without a crown or a cape,” he told People.
Prince Harry will be in Florida this week for his Invictus Games for injured servicemen and women. The games are coming to Orlando after premiering in London in 2014.
“It’s like trying to drop a second album. The second one is always harder!” Harry said. “This is what America feels like for a lot of us who planned London. This is the big one.”
The prince joked that he may dress the part for children expecting to see more traditionally dressed royalty. “So I am going to pack a crown and a cape this time and some funny pointy-toed shoes,” he said. “I’m going to sign the crown out!”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now