Prince Harry joked that he may disappoint American children during his visit stateside Wednesday.
“Every time I get to meet kids and they have been told a real-life prince is coming, the disappointment on their faces when they see me without a crown or a cape,” he told People.
“It’s like trying to drop a second album. The second one is always harder!” Harry said. “This is what America feels like for a lot of us who planned London. This is the big one.”
The prince joked that he may dress the part for children expecting to see more traditionally dressed royalty. “So I am going to pack a crown and a cape this time and some funny pointy-toed shoes,” he said. “I’m going to sign the crown out!”
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma