We already knew Adele was a huge Beyoncé fan—in a 2015 interview, she told TIME, “Anyone who knows me knows that my main priority in life outside of my child is Beyoncé.” Now she’s amping up her praise for her fellow pop star, lauding the new album Lemonade in a gushing Instagram post.
“I’m not late on this,” she wrote a week after the album debuted in an HBO special and started streaming on Tidal. “I’ve just been speechless. Beyonce is the most inspiring person I’ve ever had the pleasure of worshipping. Her talent, beauty, grace and work ethic are all in a league of their own. I appreciate you so much! Thank god for Beyoncé X”
As for whether the two might ever work together? Adele certainly hopes so.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now