Downton Abbey has been a streaming hit for Amazon Prime, and now the service is adding another Julian Fellowes series to its lineup: The English showrunner’s adaptation of Anthony Trollope’s novel Doctor Thorne will begin streaming later this month.
Tom Hollander, Ian McShane, and Alison Brie star in the period drama, which deals with issues of romance and class. It first debuted on U.K. network ITV in March.
“Doctor Thorne’s multilayered storytelling coupled with an outstanding ensemble cast is an exciting addition to our lineup,” vice president of Amazon Studios Roy Price said in a statement. “Prime members have loved having access to Downton Abbey, making each season a top streamed show on Prime Video since 2011, and we hope to make Prime Video the home for even more of Julian Fellowes’ future projects.”
Julian Fellowes Presents Doctor Thorne marks his first television project since Downton Abbey concluded after six seasons in 2015. Watch the trailer above, and see Doctor Thorne when it premieres May 20 on Amazon Prime.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time