McDonald’s is testing garlic fries at four restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area, the fast-food chain confirmed to TIME.
Here’s a description of the new menu item, dubbed “Gilroy Garlic Fries,” from a news release:
The garlic is grown in Gilroy, California, known as the “The Garlic Capital of the World,” which is about two hours south of San Francisco.
If the trial is successful at these four South Bay restaurants, then the chain will start offering it at the nearly 250 restaurants throughout the Bay Area in August.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement