McDonald’s is testing garlic fries at four restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area, the fast-food chain confirmed to TIME.
Here’s a description of the new menu item, dubbed “Gilroy Garlic Fries,” from a news release:
If the trial is successful at these four South Bay restaurants, then the chain will start offering it at the nearly 250 restaurants throughout the Bay Area in August.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at firstname.lastname@example.org