It’s time to get anther taste of the modern-sounding Monkees.
The ’60s pop group shared “You Bring the Summer,” the second track from Good Times!, their first album in 20 years. Like last week’s release of the Rivers Cuomo-penned “She Makes Me Laugh,” it features a marquee guest writer: Andy Partridge of Swedish punk rockers XTC. Also like the Cuomo song, it definitely boasts threads of their sound from 50 years ago.
Coming out May 27, Good Times! is the first album since the death of member Davy Jones in 2012. The album has a bevy of notable artists who contributed songs: Oasis’ Noel Gallagher, Death Cab for Cutie’s Ben Gibbard, Neil Diamond, Harry Nilsson, and more. The group will also hit the road for starting May 18 in Fort Myers, Florida. The tour will feature original band members Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy