Beyoncé made an enormous stir at the Met Gala in 2015 with a barely-there embellished gown, so her outfit for the 2016 ball—just days after dropping her new album Lemonade—been the subject of much speculation.
The “Formation” singer posted a photo of her gown on Instagram before arriving at the gala, and while this year’s dress isn’t at all sheer like last year’s, it is skintight and shiny—in fact, it’s embellished latex by Givenchy, designed by Riccardo Tisci. In its orange sherbet shade, it stands apart from the silvers and whites prevalent on the red carpet at this year’s tech-themed gala.
- 'When in God's Name Are We Going to Stand Up to the Gun Lobby?' Biden, Anguished, Reacts to Texas School Massacre
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.