Beyoncé made an enormous stir at the Met Gala in 2015 with a barely-there embellished gown, so her outfit for the 2016 ball—just days after dropping her new album Lemonade—been the subject of much speculation.
The “Formation” singer posted a photo of her gown on Instagram before arriving at the gala, and while this year’s dress isn’t at all sheer like last year’s, it is skintight and shiny—in fact, it’s embellished latex by Givenchy, designed by Riccardo Tisci. In its orange sherbet shade, it stands apart from the silvers and whites prevalent on the red carpet at this year’s tech-themed gala.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow