This year’s theme for the Met Gala, “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology,” seemed tailor-made for the often eccentric Lady Gaga—and the singer delivered on the red carpet.
Going slightly vintage Gaga, she showed up in a Versace jacket that evoked a circuit board, gravity-defying platform heels and shoulder pads and big hair that was more than a little ’80s.
The outfit had both its critics and its fans, but love it or hate it, it’s a welcome shift to see Lady Gaga walking on the wilder side again after more classic looks on the red carpets at the Oscars and Golden Globes this year.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate