Taylor Swift has made headlines for her Met Gala gowns before, but this year she was sure to get special attention: The 1989 pop star is one of the event’s co-host this year at the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
This year’s theme is “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology,” and Taylor stuck to the mood with a metallic Louis Vuitton dress and boots, dark lipstick and her new bleach-blonde bob. Though the look drew mixed opinions from Swift’s fans on social media, it will certainly go down as a classic in her Met Gala repertoire.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving