Monday night was emotional for fans of Leicester City F.C. as the team clinched the Premier League title for the first time in the club’s 132-year history.
Though their soccer team was not on the pitch itself, its nearest rival on the table, Tottenham, was playing Chelsea. If Tottenham won the match, it would get enough points to keep the title race underway into next weekend. But the two teams tied with two goals each—making it impossible for any team to catch up to Leicester in the remaining matches.
The win is an astounding victory for a team that had 5,000 to 1 odds of winning at the beginning of the season—and Leicester fans were accordingly very invested in the match. Watch how a few fans’ reactions progressed as the game went on.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time