Monday night was emotional for fans of Leicester City F.C. as the team clinched the Premier League title for the first time in the club’s 132-year history.
Though their soccer team was not on the pitch itself, its nearest rival on the table, Tottenham, was playing Chelsea. If Tottenham won the match, it would get enough points to keep the title race underway into next weekend. But the two teams tied with two goals each—making it impossible for any team to catch up to Leicester in the remaining matches.
The win is an astounding victory for a team that had 5,000 to 1 odds of winning at the beginning of the season—and Leicester fans were accordingly very invested in the match. Watch how a few fans’ reactions progressed as the game went on.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up