Correction appended: May 2, 2016
Just type your goal into the free app, choose a day and time for the alarm to go off, and the Fast & Furious star will deliver a daily video message. The app comes with 25 custom alarm tones featuring heavy metal instrumentals, the entertainer himself singing and playing guitar and even a cat meowing.
Users can also set their alarm to “Rock Time” — supposedly when the star of HBO’s Ballers wakes up, which the program warns could be as early as 5:30 a.m. since he is a gung-ho morning person.
It also lacks what is perhaps the most important feature of digital alarm clocks: the snooze button. “The Rock is not a fan of that button,” according to a description in the App Store.
The software is available for iPhone and Android devices via iTunes and Google Play.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the scope of The Rock’s partnership with Under Armour. It includes backpacks.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color