Correction appended: May 2, 2016
Just type your goal into the free app, choose a day and time for the alarm to go off, and the Fast & Furious star will deliver a daily video message. The app comes with 25 custom alarm tones featuring heavy metal instrumentals, the entertainer himself singing and playing guitar and even a cat meowing.
Users can also set their alarm to “Rock Time” — supposedly when the star of HBO’s Ballers wakes up, which the program warns could be as early as 5:30 a.m. since he is a gung-ho morning person.
It also lacks what is perhaps the most important feature of digital alarm clocks: the snooze button. “The Rock is not a fan of that button,” according to a description in the App Store.
The software is available for iPhone and Android devices via iTunes and Google Play.
Correction: The original version of this story misstated the scope of The Rock’s partnership with Under Armour. It includes backpacks.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization