The Billboard Music Awards, which will take place on Sunday, May 22, already have one big winner: Britney Spears. The “…Baby One More Time” artist will be following in the footsteps of Beyonce and Whitney Houston as she receives the prestigious Millennium Award.
The award “honors artists with exceptional achievements and influence in the music industry,” Billboard announced, citing Spears’ 24 Top 40 singles.
Spears is also on the lineup to perform a medley of her work and her newest single,“Make Me (Oooh),” from her soon-to-be-released ninth studio album. She’ll share the stage with hosts Ludacris and Ciara, alongside other confirmed performers Justin Bieber, P!nk and Nick Jonas.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- AI Is as Risky as Pandemics and Nuclear War, Top CEOs Say
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction