The Billboard Music Awards, which will take place on Sunday, May 22, already have one big winner: Britney Spears. The “…Baby One More Time” artist will be following in the footsteps of Beyonce and Whitney Houston as she receives the prestigious Millennium Award.
The award “honors artists with exceptional achievements and influence in the music industry,” Billboard announced, citing Spears’ 24 Top 40 singles.
Spears is also on the lineup to perform a medley of her work and her newest single,“Make Me (Oooh),” from her soon-to-be-released ninth studio album. She’ll share the stage with hosts Ludacris and Ciara, alongside other confirmed performers Justin Bieber, P!nk and Nick Jonas.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.