Pincus is suing the coffee behemoth for $5 million because, she says, there’s too much ice in the chain’s iced coffee drinks. She’s hoping to represent any customer who has ordered an iced drink from Starbucks in the past decade, the Courthouse News Service reports.
“Starbucks is advertising the size of its Cold Drink cups on its menu, rather than the amount of fluid a customer will receive when they purchase a Cold Drink—and deceiving its customers in the process,” the suit claims.
In response, Starbucks says when customers order cold drinks they expect them to be, well, cold.
“Our customers understand and expect that ice is an essential component of any ‘iced’ beverage. If a customer is not satisfied with their beverage preparation, we will gladly remake it,” a Starbucks spokesperson told CNN Money.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time